Monday, October 9, 2023

Haiti Update, by Cory

 

Here are a few recent photos of kids clubs at Limbe and Fauche.

Limbe recently had 122 in attendance the last Sunday of September. 

At Fauche, the photos show school supplies distributed to the kids.

Food and supplies are lacking in Haiti even more now that the Dominican Republic closed the border, blocking exports to Haiti.

Even at the farming community of Decice life is hard.

Transport is limited so the current corn harvest has difficulty moving to markets.

Here is a post from facebook from Rendez-Vous Christ Church in Port au Prince:

Bandits invade the church. I ask for your help to pray.
Today, around 7:25am, during the first service of our church, 15 heavily armed men came in to try to kidnap me.
Three (3) of them in suit came to church as participants and were quickly identified by our security team. I personally greeted one of them who, I later discovered, was the one who would have alerted my security team of the attempted abduction.
My team responded immediately and I was taken to a secure location.
A few minutes later, 12 heavily armed individuals wearing Haitian special forces uniforms entered the church looking for me.
Equipment, phones and personal belongings from church members stolen and one of my team kidnapped.
Police arrived shortly after and one of the bandits was shot by police.

I am safe and feel more than ever that the work we are doing in Haiti through Haiti Teen Challenge is crucial.
Let's continue to pray as we work for a better Haiti.

No comments: