Sunday, December 3, 2017

Filling holes

A week spent chipping away at stones and mortar and filling holes gives one a lot of time to think.

I've looked very closely at a lot of rocks.

Some have treasures of sparkling crystals or fossil shells that cause me to smile.

But mostly I focused on the negative points.

Sometimes a weak areas or holes were very obvious.

Other times most of the 1 1/2 foot thick wall looked strong and solid, but a bit of chipping to remove a high spot revealed a hidden empty hole.

Sometimes that hole led back into a space large enough for my hand to fit inside or a tunnel that admitted light from the other side of the wall!

I'm not a fan of empty spots in my house walls. I need strong walls to keep out the rain, wind and fog.

Strong walls to withstand hurricane force winds and earthquake tremors that shake this land.

I prefer to fill in the holes...piping in cement mortar to fill in the voids and add strength.

At one point when rushing to beat the setting son Cory remarked that the remaining mortar could not do much but thankfully he let me finish.

As I filled in a couple more holes I was reminded of the childhood story of the little Dutch boy who held back the sea by putting his finger in a hole in the dike and standing faithfully until help found him.

My help comes from the Lord, my Savior and God.

I'm very thankful for the work He he's done in my life this year.

I'm not a fan of holes or weaknesses in my life.

Chipping away at negative thought patterns, selfish actions, and harsh words causes pain but then the Lord fills in those areas with His love and truth making me stronger.

Little by little, as I allow Him to work, He refines, transforms and strengthens me.

He points out the positives when I listen closely for His truth and intentionally focus on Him and refuse to accept the devil's lies.

This world needs more truth and Love.

We do not need to change or earn them.

We do not need to search or work.

We just need to ask the Lord.

He loves me. He loves me with every hole, crack, and flaw. He's always loved me. He loves ME. He made ME.  His plans for ME are good. His plans are the best.

He loves You. He made You in His image. His plans for You are for your Best and they are Good.

No comments: