Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Gift of Presence.


 Anna mentioned that in church Sunday the pastor talked about the gift of presence...and it made her tear up a bit because she's looking forward to visiting us.

We had no idea up to a month or so ago that she would have the time between finals and her summer internship to visit but we were praying...and now we're counting down the days!! 10!

Fritz cleaned up the truck today while I read him school work and Cory worked on the office/school room/guest room (just one room) and garden. We are looking forward to some family time!

Mother's Day we're planning a trip using some money we received when my Dad died...to make family memories by experiencing God's natural world by going on Safari in the lower Zambezi National Park. 

I know he would be happy with that choice as making family memories was very important to him. 

We also plan to visit Victoria Falls during her visit.

Fritz enjoyed being present for Poetice's Youth Retreat last weekend. 

Lots of fun, good food, and focus on learning about the Armor of God.

Very thankful for the staff and leadership who put in a lot of time, energy, and  prayers for this weekend outreach. 

Some of the leaders were a visiting team from South Africa-apparently that made some of the communication interesting!

Another gift of presence, that I am very thankful for is how Eli is helping out with my mom. 

I've read a lot of books about missionary kids but don't really remember that being talked about when having adult children living by family back in the USA. 

He's very good about helping out around the house, yard, shopping, driving here and there or helping when there is a need. 

This gifts me much peace of mind!

I remember talking with missionary friends in Africa-apparently parents didn't approve of their career choice and I've always been very grateful that our folks supported us in so many ways.

Now I'm grateful that Eli lives close to them so he can return a bit of support in our stead. 

The Lord has also opened up a gift of Eli's presence blessing in a special way this summer...but think I'll wait a bit more to tell you about that one. 

No comments: