Monday, August 28, 2023

A short update and resources.

A fun visit to the "Bricks & Minifigs" Lego store

Later this week we'll transition to September! While the days feel very long most of the time I'm just as aware of them marching on toward the end of the year.

Avocados in the nursery at Jembo
We continue to wait for Cory's Zambian work permit application to be completed. Once this is turned in we should only need to wait a couple weeks to learn if we can return to Zambia or not.

Eli returned to Michigan from his European travels with Anna.
Anna started her fall term, year two with Pepperdine Law school...in London, England.
Fritzlin enjoyed some soccer with other homeschoolers the last few weeks, and completed his first month of 7th grade. 

Flexibility remains a very important skill as we never know what each day will hold.

I'm so very blessed to be there at this time to help my folks, and it is hard.

A couple of resources that I was blessed by recently.
Fruit tree plantings still looking good.
A cloudy sky in August?!?

The first I started in mid-June is the free phone app Lectico 365 for morning and evening prayers. The calm voice directing me to prayers and pauses soothes my spinning mind in a wonderful bookend to my days. 


"Lectio 365 is a free daily devotional resource that helps you pray the Bible every day.

Tune into God’s presence and peace by slowing down, meditating on scripture, listening to God and praying for 10 minutes at the beginning and end of each day."


Our Winning at Home counselor lent a  new book to me two weeks ago. 

I found so much to think about and ponder as I strive toward embracing pain and suffering to stimulate life transformation, my relationship with my Lord, and growth. 

How People Grow written by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. 

I love how much scripture is included as they point folks to God and His plan for personal growth. 

While my book list remains long for my Sabbatical time I'm sure I'll be revisiting this one soon. 



 


 

No comments: