Thursday, July 20, 2023

Post Greece

Happy to report that our bags finally made it back to us after a nine day wait, including my working brass lamp from Corinth. Reminding me of The Light. 

Last week's big project consisted of writing and preparing a long delayed Newsletter to go out both by email and snail mail. 

If you did not receive the newsletter and would like to, please pass along your contact information.

We are trying to get as many folks as possible on email due to the costs of postage.

Zucchini just doesn't produce in the tropics like in Michigan!

We continue to enjoy the fruits of the garden and a Michigan summer. 

Fresh snow peas, sugar peas, zucchini, raspberries [from Cory's mom's garden] all tasty results of previous work.

Eli joined the three of us for some blueberry picking as well.

The three guys attended the men's breakfast at church Saturday before Cory and Fritz helped cut, split, and stack wood with the men. Eli needed to head to his martial arts class.


Fritz was also able to join a homeschool group this week for some soccer time! 

Time with family continues to be a highlight of our USA time and an unexpected blessing: meeting our great niece for the first time and visiting with our niece and her husband; just hanging out or helping out.

Fritz is looking forward to some extended time with Uncle Todd and Aunt Beth next week.


We're also enjoying getting to know folks better, attending Bible study and small group, reconnecting with folks. At the same time we continue to feel sadness about not being able to travel to Haiti or attend graduation for the seniors at Jembo in Zambia. 

Today we'll celebrate with Eli his last day of working for Sub-Assembly Plus. It was a good place for him to work the last 4 years, however he feels it is time for a change.

Saturday we will take him to the airport to fly to Amsterdam to join Anna for a few weeks of exploring Europe before she starts fall term in London.

Today is also her last day of work in Rwanda, completing her two month internship. 

Time continues to march onward. A couple of days before Greece I read the term 'holy disruption' and then again while in Greece. I'm thinking that is a more positive way for me to think about this time than 'limbo land'. It puts the focus where it should be..on the Lord. 

 I read this week in Eugene Peterson's book Run With The Horses..  as he referred to the prophet Jeremiah "He feared getting what he wanted and missing what God wanted. It is still the only thing worthy of our fear."

I pray that I can continue to keep my eyes on the Lord. That I handle unexpected changes in my life with grace and peace knowing that God remains in charge and He knows what is best for me. Not just what but the timing as well.  

Lord keep me in Your will. Don't let me get in the way of that by tightly, stubbornly hanging on to what I want or what I think is best. Help me to accept Your Way with a grateful heart. Praising You and giving You the glory and honor that You rightfully deserve. 

Replace all my wrong fears with faith in You. Amen



No comments: