Thursday, June 7, 2018

Not normal = weary

Life feels .... unsettled I guess. Not great, not bad, not really stressful....just not normal.

Now normal can be hard to describe as every day in Haiti can look different and comes with unpredictablity. But I almost feel like I've stepped into someone else's life.

This week I've: gone with Anna and Frizlin to a funeral for one of Cory's aunts; driven Anna to driver's education; gone grocery shopping; gone to the library; put gas in the car; cooked rhubarb; filled in several more pieces of the puzzle called "Thede's summer schedule"; took one child for a health appointment; made eye and dental appointments; attended a women's Bible study; texted with Eli; visited in person with an aunt and niece; started planning for Anna and Fritzlin's party in July; watched TV;  and used up LOTS of the unlimited band-width available to me!

None of these's things do I 'normally' do.

I did a few 'normal' things too like: cleaning, dishes, cooking, laundry, home-school, reading, communication by email/Facebook.

Transitional make me tired. Working on the house build made me physically tired. But I'm tired. A strange type of tired...not physical, not due to lack of sleep, not because of stress...but tired.

Maybe weary is a better word. Yes, weary--one of the definitions of which is 'calling for a great deal of energy or endurance".


The weary transition time can only be experienced well, with the Lord's help.

So I hope you're praying for me and our family.

Fritzlin continues to do well. Anna's enjoying driver's training and drove twice already. Eli's learning a lot during his training for camp. Cory will be heading to the airport tomorrow morning and should be in Michigan by noon on Saturday.



Sunday Sharing Locations:

June 10th      Woodside Wesleyan   Lake Ann  MI   11 A.M.
June 17th       Warsaw Wesleyan     Warsaw IN         am service   Pastor will pray for us. Table.



No comments: