Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two Years..


Bryan Fox's FB Wall photo.
Feeling pensive today. Remembering. Questioning. Mourning.

National holiday as people remember, pray, think and yes continue to mourn.

 Two years later. 50% of rubble cleared from Port-au-Prince streets they say. Still over 500,000 living in tents reported. Every life here changed in some way. 

So much pain and hurt but here and there positive points, good did occur and continues to occur in lives because of the quake. 

Change always causes pain. But do we decide to let that pain change us better or make us bitter. Haiti contains many people in both categories. 

So much pain still so real and sharp.

So much remains to be done. Thankful for what has been done.

Thankful for those who prayed, gave, sent and came. 

Reminder that tomorrow is not promised. We only have right now.

 Today to be intentional with our life.

What remains when the dust clears- not things or buildings. What remains are the lives we touch. 

Memories of the time we connected with that person who's life rapidly came to an end.

What will continue after my life should the Lord call me home will be the lives I touched, the folks I helped to become better people [or worse, unfortunately]. 

I cannot do this alone.

 Lord work though me. Lord make my impact a positive one. 

Lord help me not waste time or money on the fleeting things of this world. 

Use me to make an eternal Kingdom impact. Use me to ease the pain of this life and help people see the hope of eternal life. 


No comments: