Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Facebook & focus.

I know folks opinions about social media fall over a large range. I try to be intentional about my Facebook time as I am with the rest of my time.

Why am I on Facebook? [in random order]

  • To keep folks updated on prayer requests and our lives.
  • To find ways to pray for friends, family and acquaintances.
  • Keep up on news in Haiti, USA and world.
  • To keep in touch with folks: birthdays, life events and little day to day events in our families lives.
  • To be encouraged.
  • To give advice. 
This morning I learned from the top post on my page that a missionary family in Asia, yesterday heard that a son in the USA had been found dead from unapparent causes. 'Devastated' the mom wrote. 

My prayers started instantly for this family and their ministry.

A short time later I saw that she posted this on her page from her devotions today:

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)
Bible Verse of the Day 

'Devastated' but clinging to Him. What a testimony. Focused on Him.

As a mission family during retreat we talked a lot about transition and change: some leaving, some getting ready to come, one missionary kid going to college this year, ministry or responsibilities changes. Change = unavoidable pain. 

But how to deal with change and transition well is the big question? Refocus. 

The Lord not only is with us but has gone before. 
He's preparing our way.  He knows. Never surprised. Never caught off guard. Never unprepared. Never without resources. 

He will NEVER leave us. Currently helping a young lady going through a lot of change in her life and spending a lot of time with her talking about this very point. 

He LOVES us. He loves me. He loves you. Every single bit. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He created us. He will always be with us.  He wants to spend time with us. 

He remains focused on us. All the time. Every place. Every situation. He's focused on us.

In turn we need to focus on Him. Trust and Obey. Not fear. Not doubt. Not be discouraged.

I find it very hard to focus on the Lord and trust while being afraid.

Unfortunately distractions cause my focus to drift and the fear returns but I know the answer to that problem. The answer to all problems. Refocus on HIM!  Focus on Him.

1 comment:

marcia said...

Great thoughts Kris! We all need constant attitude adjustments and refocus. Somehow I think it helps us learn and grow and move forward. God knows just what we need in each phase!