We started the week preparing newsletters with the idea that Cory would try to go to Port-au-Prince on a shopping trip.
But due to rainy weather and the talk of stormy political protests we decided mid-week that he should wait until next week. If you would like to be added to our mailing list let us know-most email copies have already been sent but the hard copy versions will now need to wait another week to be mailed to the USA.
|House sits behind Cory up the hill a bit.|
Fritzlin and I worked on school-even some extra, but don’t tell him that, in preparation for our busy week to come.
We also worked on the guest room, organization, and a few more jobs around the house to prepare for our guests.
Wednesday night heavy rain filled the cistern and had us mopping up in several rooms as the strong wind blew water under the door, around windows, through the walls and tin roof.
Monday, our friend and veterinarian Dr. Kelly plans to come up with her team. They plan to vaccinate pigs on their way up the mountain, overnight with us, and then hold a full clinic on Tuesday for Délice, section 5, where we live.
Then we will have a couple of ‘normal’ days which will include celebrating Thanksgiving. On Friday, Lord willing, we will travel early down the mountain to shop in Port before attending a leadership meeting between Global Partner’s missionaries and the leaders of the Wesleyan Church of Haiti.