Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mixing Memories.

As I pack to travel to the dedication of the new Wesleyan Hospital on LaGonave this weekend my thoughts turn back.


This winter will be 40 years since I first stood on the Wesleyan compound campus on LaGonave with three generations of my family.

While some of the vocabulary, many of the people and buildings have changed some remain the same.

I cannot help but see faces of the past when walking once again where I lived 2 years as a child and 9 years as a young mom.


Faces of missionaries, staff, friends, family and patients.

I hear the stories being told again of the 'old' days and will likely add mine this weekend.

Echos of tears and laughter shared during the ups and downs of ministry and times of personal growth.

This island where I and my children joined the family of God.

Where we now return to give Him the glory and honor for a hospital that's served the people of Haiti and beyond since 1958.

A place that shaped my life and my faith.

A place that four generations of my family put their fingerprints on as it took hold of our hearts.

Please pray for this weekend:

 With over 600 guests expected many details need to come together and many miles need to be safely traveled.

Praying for health and lots of good memories.


Praying for a strong spiritual impact from this weekend while knowing this makes it a target for the enemy-praying for protection.



Lord willing we will be back home sometime middle of next week.

 With our residency visas needing to be renewed in Port-au-Prince the 1st of October Cory plans to try to submit our paperwork on Monday.

So you get a bit of a break- why don't you take a bit of that time and write me a comment or E-mail!

Any suggestions for further blogs or what you would like to see in our next newsletter?

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Very interesting to read of the family's traditional ties to Haiti. We enjoyed you visit to West Berlin very much. This may be my first comment, but I've been following this blog for years. It is good to read and see what the Thede family is doing.

Chris and Kath Sloan said...

We hope the dedication went well and that you guys got to see some old friends on LaGonave! I bet it was a full and emotional weekend in some ways. Praying for you guys. I think it would be neat to read a post from Eli and/or Anna again. I think it would be fun to hear your "highs and lows" from the day or week too. Maybe 'A day in the life of a homeschool teacher' or a post with observations about Haitian culture and the differences between American and Haitian interactions/relationships.