Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Elijah John!

As the hours and days continue to slip by I find myself again in that zone that pulls me both ways: if thinking about leaving family I mentally tell myself we still have seven days because it sounds longer than one week.  But on the other hand we also look forward to returning home.

Today we finish up the celebrations of Eli's 16th birthday, having already celebrated with both sides of the family.

Having celebrated earlier with the cousins as they all started school today Eli just wanted to stay home and have a fun day of playing computer games and no travel. Pizza and cheese cake will make him happy. Done!

Yesterday Cory and I met with friends who are also adopting from Haiti. They started their journey over 3.5 years ago and continue to trust in the Lord.

 They just returned from visiting their two Haitian daughters and it was good to be able to talk face to face rather than on-line.

We enjoyed spending Sunday morning with our friends and partners at Sonlight Fellowship in South Bend.

We attended there during my residency years. The Lord also blessed us by allowing Chris, one of the big kids who worked with us in 09-10 to be able to stop in for a visit as well.


1 comment:

Chris and Kath Sloan said...

Oh man, I've been a failure with Thede family birthdays lately! I missed yours and now Eli's!! Happy belated birthday to you both. I'm so glad Chris got to see you...but definitely missed see you guys myself! Praying for you as you get ready to head home to Haiti.