Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Good-bye do-over ?!?!

Close to 1 p.m. I started praying for Anna knowing that she would be close to saying good-bye to Grandma and Grandpa having gone to the airport with Cory. During yesterday's rain she verbalized a few times how a delay would be nice but realized that it would mess up the flights and their plans.

Within a few minutes of praying Cory called to let Eli and I know that they ALL would be heading back home as the 3 p.m. IBC flight changed the flight time to the morning and they missed it.

A second phone call an hour later and they have their flights all arranged for tomorrow and will still get to Michigan albeit later.  Rather than today's departure time at 11 for the airport tomorrow's will be close to 6 a.m. I'm guessing for a 10 a.m. flight.

Mom preached a sermon in the Allegan Wesleyan Church in January before they came down titled 'It is what it is". Only the Lord knows why this delay and additional stress and cost but...

While they may stop for lunch on the way back I know the folks had some cookies and pizza along and I expressed my wish for them to return ASAP to limit the time in the truck for them both. Mom's back is much improved over when they arrived and I hear that the main road repairs happened for Carnival but our dirt road is still rough on the body.

I know that Mom at least thought about our washing their sheets and linens, putting Eli's bunk-bed back together, being totally packed and bags weighted not to mention that Eli and I already did the hardest thing the sad good-byes.

But we'll enjoy 1 more afternoon, 1 more night, 2 more meals, 1 more sleep, 1 more good-night, and sadly 1 more good-bye hug.

No comments: