Thursday, October 21, 2021

What a day!



After I crawled into bed last night, the realization that I had missed my nap highlighted to me the busyness of my day. 

On days when the schedule allows, I spend a bit of time after lunch to connect with the Lord and enjoy a short snooze to help reset my day, protect my margin, prevent my communication skills from deteriorating, and provide a bit of processing time.

We started the day with a bit of school and life skills.

Cory headed to a bulk food store for some shopping, and my Dad hung out with  Fritzlin while I joined Mom for Bible study.

As soon as I completed the study time I needed to reconnect with Fritz, talk with Anna about some plans, and noticed a text from Cory letting me know that a TV reporter would be arriving in one hour to interview us!!

We had not contacted any reporters or pursued opportunities to speak on the current hostage situation in Haiti. 

We realize with our long history in Haiti we can speak from an educated perspective and we wish to use God given occasions to testify to His power and love. 

We intentionally remain careful about what we say and post as we want to share a truthful picture of our Haitian friends and the complicated situation in Haiti. 

Lunch time became a busy time of preparing and finishing up the conversation with Anna, praying all the while that the Lord would protect us and that our words would glorify Him, speak the truth that would not get twisted in any way, and stir up people to pray.

I shot off a short Facebook post asking for folks to pray for us and Anna without many details.

I can't express enough how encouraging it is to see that 84 people took the time to tap an emote and even more the 60 friends who commented on that post letting us know that not only did they read it but that they were covering us in active prayer! WOW! 

In this crazy, complicated, painful life it takes the family of God to lift each other up, and we can make a difference by reaching out to folks and letting them know we care.

THANK YOU!!!

After the interview we continued to pray for the editing process. I again connected with Fritz and Anna finishing up our school day.

I exercised and shortly afterwards enjoyed a bit of soup for supper, as well as cleaning up my email inbox.

Gathering my computer, notebook and pen, I joined a very informative lecture series about the treatment of trauma by the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine. 

Cory and I learn a lot from these presentations and I take detailed notes, especially this week while Cory kept a watch on the news to see what the reporter actually presented from our time together. 

At this point my brain protested the ups and downs of the day so I gave myself permission to play some computer games and watch some TV with Mom. 

Thankful to have my feet on the Rock. To be able to lean into the Prince of Peace's promises that He is always present, all powerful, all knowing, and LOVE. 

We join the Haitian church praying for all those held in bondage in Haiti, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. 

Link to TV interview


No comments: