Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Overwelmed with God's provision

I’m over-whelmed. Not with stress or worry but with the Lord’s love, provision, and peace.

I'm not saying the last 8 months that I've always felt calm and peaceful. Building a house on a mountain ridge in Haiti was not a dream or something on my bucket list of things I wanted to do in life.

We really had no idea how this would be accomplished but trusted in the Lord and we prayed.

I remember being asked in a meeting, in March I think, where we would live during the building process. We didn't really want to commute a couple house up the mountain a couple hours each way daily. 

We did not want to live in a tent either so were considering and praying about maybe 'camping' in a 20 foot shipping container or building a small barn.

Then came the call from Stephen asking if we could house-set for them. Wow! Thank you Lord. I think I would have frozen in a pole-barn or container!

We didn't know a welder but the Lord provided Wade and the Haitian guys.

We didn't know how a fruit horticulturalist and a doctor would put a roof on and the Lord provided the Haitians needed.

With the great carpenters we know who've helped us in the past not being available for a large job or ready for the rugged trip, I had set my expectations low. I figured we could 'make due' with milk crate/ action packer organization in the kitchen for a year or so until the Lord sent us someone.

WOW the Lord sent us a whole team of special someones with an even larger team of supporting special folks!

Even more than having experienced guys who take time to hang the doors straight and put together  some beautiful and efficient kitchen cabinets. 

Some of the best parts of yesterday for me include: 
  • Hearing the guys complement Croy on his homemade windows that frustrated him so much. 
  • Watching our kids laugh, joke, and exchange stories with the team
  • Learning new skills with cool tools that work great
  • Sharing our testimonies of praise of how the Lord worked in our lives and blessed us over our years of ministry as well as our goals and dreams for this new location. 
I don't pretend to understand why the Lord blesses some people while others live with so little.

I don't understand why God makes some people wait for years or decades while He answers other people's prayers immediately.

I ponder these things at times but must always return to His unconditional love. His  plan for each of us is the best plan.

I know that this will be a great place to minister from and that His plans for the ministry in Délice are good plans.

Praise the Lord.


No comments: