Sunday, January 7, 2018

Good-bye for now... Reflections.

For every happy countdown to family visits is the bookend sad countdown to the inevitable good-bye.

My mind Friday gave me an extra day of peace by tricking me into thinking it was Thursday but that bubble popped at bedtime when I lost my 'extra' day.

The last three days have been rainy, foggy, drippy, so not much work on the house but filled with family time, school, cooking, office work, college application projects and memory making.
Kitchen sink view. Looking toward Port-au-Prince

Tomorrow my folks head out...but I will choose to savor this last day. While feeling and acknowledging the sorrow I will focus on the praise and memories.

How many times during the months we were apart last year did I think...I wish I could just sit for a few hours or enjoy a meal together.


I will enjoy the four meals we have left. I will cherish looking across the room and just being together.

I'll smile to hear them laugh and share stories with the grandkids.

I will intentionally enjoy this day, these moments. I will be thankful for the extra days that Eli will spend with us as well!!
Kitchen sink view.

I appreciate the effort, money, and time it took for them to come and spend time with us. I know that when I look at the widows in the new house I'll remember the precious time that three generations worked together putting in those windows and smile.

I know that my folks will be ambassadors for the new ministry in Délice in a more powerful way having stood surrounded by booya [fog]; shivered in the cold wind; painfully bounced up the mountain road; and marveled at God's handiwork while gazing at the amazing views from here.

As I pray for broken and estranged families, even some missionaries, I remain so grateful for the support of our family members, those who can visit and those who cannot. I know in part this is due to the faithful prayers of generations past-for the future generations to remain true to the Lord.

I know part of it is also due to the faithful prayers of our support team and partners. Thank you. This part is always hard but our hope is in the Lord and that as He promised one day all tears will dry and no more painful good-byes will be endured.

So I start this Lord's Day with praise. The glory and honor go to Him. To worship Him through the whole range of emotions that today and tomorrow will hold.


No comments: