Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Arrival Day June 3

Today we will work on letters and paper work. Then late afternoon we will jump in a van and head to Chicago O'Hare. While we have been picked up in Chicago we have never had the privilege to pick up folks from the airport.

We are greatly looking forward to meeting our new niece and nephew while hearing about the adventure Lori and Dan had on their trip to Uganda. Praying that the travel and adjustments go well.

While I have made some big transitions in my life I never had to totally give up my country, language, and everyone I knew as a child. My first visit to Haiti at age 5 was a taste of this but I still had the security of my family and birth language. 

It seems strange that we don't have to leave for Chicago until after supper time. American roads are so much easier than Haitian. Can't say we miss the bumps, jolts, jiggles of 10 miles an hour travel. One more month to enjoy the roads and family.


3 comments:

Peter Olson said...

Apparently you haven’t driven in Chicago lately. Potholes, traffic back-ups, toll booths, and construction zones
Ha! Ha! Just kidding!
I pray that you have a safe trip.

Kris Thede said...

Nope but when your used to pot-holes that can swallow a truck they makes the ones in the USA look like bugs. We'd be happy to see construction zones in Haiti as that would mean improvements. Traffic back-ups we have in Haiti-just be thankful you guys don't have strikes that shut down all the roads.

The Bronkema Family... said...

So many people relate to "us" in this process...I LOVE that you relate to Mical and Moses and what THEY are going through. Thanks for that. I need that reminder...daily.