Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3

Busy day around here yesterday. Pastor Pudwill came to drill a new well. We are very thankful to him [it took him over 2 hours to get here on bad roads and having rocks thrown at him by protesters trying to close the road to force the government to fix the road]. This well will have a pump that will run off the clinic generator to fill the mission water cisterns.


Kids worked on lesson 140 out of 180. Then while I went down to clinic they learned about digging a well.


I saw 11 people in clinic. One was a lady who had be hospitalized in the Dominican Republic for a breast abscess and told she needed surgery. Well it looks more like an infected cancer to me. I arranged for the intern to admit her and for the administrator to use the indigent fund to help cover the costs as she will need injectable medications and dressings for a while. I prayed with her and her daughter. Later I went down and gave them some Artemesia to start.


I saw a bunch of children for follow up visits following Typhoid treatment. They were all doing well. The cutest baby I saw was a chubby little 3 month old. He had been treated last month with antibiotics for a lump in his neck. Unfortunately the lump had grown, is hard. It worries me so wrote a letter of referral. He needs a biopsy. Praying for him as well.

No comments: