Sunday, September 17, 2023

Dad's Legacy.


So many thoughts I really don't know what to share about my Dad. 

So blessed to be here...I realized that I'd never went to the ER or visited my Dad in the hospital in my life as we were not in the USA during his surgeries. 

The time in the last months I was able to help out medically; hear him call me 'his doctor'; and provide care for the first man I ever loved will remain a significant period in my life. 

I would have gone through the years of training and stress to become a doctor just to be able to care for him. 

I've often been told how much like my Dad I am...good and not so much personality wise. 

We received a condolence email yesterday from one of the doctor's who trained me in residency. " It would seem that he has left his legacy in the paths that his children have taken."

I think that is a very powerful statement. And very true.

Dad's faith came first, followed by family, whom he wanted to know his Savior and Lord.

Trust and Obey will always remind me of my Dad, as well as Victory in Jesus.

Dad's legacy was shaped by his words and the example of his actions. 

His grandchildren learned to recite for him 'Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it."

Reviewing photos for visitation and the funeral reminds us of many dimensions of his life [in no particular order, here are a few]: church, missions, farming, family fun/trips, 4-H/fair, football, hunting, hard work, friends.

Even now we're learning new ways that he impacted people's lives. 







I hope that as people remember Dad that they, like me, will strive to follow his legacy...Love God and Love People.  

Trust and Obey the Lord and you too can have Victory in Jesus. 

No comments: