Sunday, June 12, 2022

Refections... feelings, growth and encouraging songs

 Ok so if you're not about feelings feel free to skip this blog....I understand.

I'm tired.  

 I'm tired of waiting.

 I'm tired of dealing with big feelings. 

I'm tired of waiting for answers, healing, and positive change. 

I'm trying keeping my eyes on the Lord. 

My low moments hurt and are low but far more often I wait by sitting at the Lord's feet and leaning into His Peace.  

This time of 'unknowns' and waiting has been a time of growth, preparation for future growth and fruit.

 I'm not the person I was nor the person I will be.  Praise the Lord!!


The Lord leads me to certain songs at certain times of my life.

Hearing them instantly brings me back to the time and place and the lessons I learned during that phase of my life.

This year the Lord already opened my mind and heart to three songs.

While in Eswatini, the weeks leading up to Easter I daily listened to Jireh.  'I'll never be more loved than I am right now'; 'Going through a storm but I won't go down.'  'Jireh, You are enough. Forever enough. Always enough. More than enough.''  To listen

Since our return my second go-to song is He will hold me Fast I just love the image of Him holding me fast in His amazing unconditional LOVE, unlimited patience, unparalleled strength. 

I'm not at all dependent on my own strength !! He does the holding. 


I just need to allow Him to hold me, to carry my burdens. 

I need to trust Him! Simple. HARD. A life journey. 

I need to be intentional to look to Him...Trust. Believe.

During this past year I've been working hard to change some life time negative habits and negative thoughts that often ring in my head. 

I'm working hard to identify lies or partial truths so that I can replace them with God's truth. 

Krissy grew up in my home church. She just released Out of the Woods. I know I'll be listening to this one frequently during this time of waiting and transition. 

It rings so true for me. 

Thank you Lord for music!


I'd love to hear from you about your go-to songs that stir your soul and point you to God. 

P.S. Encouraged by today's service at KCC, about Esther. A few points:

-Stay On Mission.

-His perfect timing as essential as His will and purpose. 

-Speak truth to power.              -For such a time as this             -Why do you have what you have?

-Why are you where you are?         Answer: God's Purpose!

Last song ringing through my mind today: It is well with my soul!

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Thank you for being honest and open - it is so good to have someone else talking about feeling low and impatient during the waiting season.

Songs are also important to me - the ones I repeat again and again while in a waiting period:

Painting Pictures of Egypt - Sara Groves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KELc4ngVFlk

Several by Carrie Newcomer:
Learning to sit with not knowing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_t8WqgKL3I
If not now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bY585-fzSs
The Only Through is in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYAtWQB25JY

Casting Crowns Just be Held: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ