Monday, July 6, 2020

Day 107

Day 107 of the coronavirus restrictions.

Planting sweet potato cuttings, also tomato and corn
Hot sunny days [up to 95˚ or so in the house] and cooler nights [down in the 70's] Most nights this week with at least a brief thunder shower makes for rapidly growing trees and plants.


Last week with the airport opening we started to hear and see more jets flying overhead but not as many as before.

Other restrictions remain in place as the number of cases continue to increase.

We may do a blog someday of the cool reef fossils here at 4,500' elevation
The guys weeded and fertilized trees, and made a terrace above the first part of the path that leads from the house to the other ridge.

Cory found a fossilized shark's tooth. The guys say there are lots in some areas, we will see if they bring any.

The local beans are being harvested to sell fresh-shelled without drying.

Fritz and I finished up month number two of fourth grade.

We celebrated along with our "family night" roasting hot dogs.

Black and butter beans and some of the plants they came from
I think the Fritz collects a new monarch caterpillar every time he collects food for the rest of them.


We continue to enjoy releasing the butterflies.

For the 4th we enjoyed some small ears of sweet corn and vanilla puddling pie with berries.

We'd collected and froze strawberries, mulberries, and blackberries for a week or so..to add a bit of flavor.


Count changes daily: losses, additions, crysalises.
Sunday we enjoyed listening to a sermon by my brother and talked on the phone to our older two.

We remain very thankful for our in-house internet. 

Unplugging during most thunderstorms as we pray not to lose any equipment. 

Seen a few rainbows to the east. 

Always reminding us of the Lord's faithfulness to His promises. 

So much pain the world.

So many hurting people: physically, mentally, emotionally. 

So much fear, anger, hopelessness.

So many needing to be comforted with the Lord's love, through His people.

So many voices, crying loudly: this and that; for and against; one thing now and then another, constantly changing 'facts', swirling confusion.

So many tired, hurting people

 Pslam 40: 1-5, 11-12, 17

Thunderheads over the fort and coffee plantation ruins
I waited patiently for the Lord;

He turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 

out of the mud and mire;

He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in  my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust,
who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.

Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things You planned for us
no one can recount to You;
Were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. 

Do no withhold Your mercy from me,
O Lord;
may Your love and Your truth always
 protect me
For troubles without number surround me,
my sinus have overtaken me, and I cannot see

Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.

You are my help and my deliverer,
O my God, do not delay. 


No comments: